AxleTech powertrain products are backed by one of the industry’s most comprehensive warranty agreements.
1) What Is Covered By This Commercial Warranty? AxleTech™warrants directly to the buyer that products and components that have been purchased by the buyer from AxleTech and installed as original equipment or service parts will be free from defects in material and workmanship. AxleTech’s components installed as original equipment are warranted to the buyer for (a) eighteen (18) months from the date of shipment to the buyer or dealer or (b) twelve (12) months from the date of purchase of the vehicle containing the OE components by the first owner, whichever comes first. AxleTech’s service part components are warranted for twelve (12) months from the date of shipment to the buyer.
The OE and service components are warranted for parts only. OE and service components (whether new, used or remanufactured) installed as replacements under this warranty are warranted only for the remainder of the original period of time under the original warranty.
(2) Effective Dates. The terms of this warranty agreement shall apply to all OE and service components sold on or after August 1, 2011, unless otherwise terminated or modified by AxleTech.
(3) What Is Not Covered By This Warranty? This Warranty does not cover normal wear and tear; nor does it cover a component that fails, malfunctions or is damaged as a result of:
(a) improper installation, adjustment, repair or modification (including the use of unauthorized attachments or changes or modification in the vehicle’s configuration, usage, or vocation from that, which was originally approved by AxleTech);
(b) accident, natural disaster, acts of god, climate, combatant activity during war, sabotage, terrorism or vandalism;
(c) abuse, or improper use (including loading beyond the specified maximum vehicle weight or altering engine power settings
to exceed axle capability);
(d) improper or insufficient maintenance (including deviation from approved lubricants, change intervals, or lube levels);
(e) costs incurred in gaining access to the components; i.e., overcoming physical barriers such as walls, fences, floors or similar structures impeding access to the components, rental of cranes, or construction of ramps or lifts or protective structures for component removal and reinstallation;
(f) the cost of any repairs, replacements or adjustment
(I) associated with noise
(ii) resulting from the use of non-AxleTech genuine parts. This warranty does not cover any component or part that is not sold by AxleTech.
(4) Remedy. The exclusive remedy under this warranty shall be he repair or replacement of the defective component, at AxleTech’s option and sole discretion. AxleTech reserves the rights to require that all applicable failed materials are made available and/or returned to AxleTech for review and evaluation.
(5) Disclaimer Of Warranty. This warranty is expressly in lieu of all other warranties or conditions, expressed, implied or
statutory, including, but not limited to, the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
(6) Limitation of Remedies. In no event shall AxleTech be liable for special, incidental, exemplary, punitive, indirect or consequential damages of any kind arising under this warranty or under any legal theory, including, but not limited to, towing, downtime, or lost productivity.