Basic Warranty Policy:
Phillips Industries offers a limited warranty to the original purchaser that the warranted products are free from defects in workmanship and/or materials only. Charges for additional incidental or consequential damage cannot be accepted.
Phillips' policy is to replace the warranted product if the product fails because of defects due to workmanship and/or materials within the limited warranty period from the original production date. The warranty is not transferable and applies only to the original owner of the Phillips product.
Product Warranty Time Limits
ABS LECTRACOIL™: 3 Years
ABS LECTRACOIL™ w/ QCP™: 5 Years
Specialized Harnesses: 1 Year
Dual Pole Assembly, Economy: 1 Year
Dual Pole Assembly, Heavy-Duty: 2 Years
Electrical Connectors: 1 Year
Electrical and Air Hose Assembly: 1 Year
i-Box™: 1 Year
Gladhands: 1 Year
PERMALITE™ Fluorescent Interior Lamps: 1 Year
PERMALITE™XB LED: 3 Years
POLAR AIR® Extreme Weather Air Coil: 3 Years
POLAR AIR® w/ Gladhands: 3 Years (Air Coil)/1 Year (Gladhand)
Pre-Made Rubber Air Lines: 1 Year
QCP™ Quick-Connect Plug: 3 Years
STA-DRY® Electrical Trailer Harnesses: 10 Years (North America only)/2 Years (All others)
STA-DRY® S7™ Swivel Socket: 3 Years
AIR-DEFENSE™ SYSTEM: 5 Years (housing)
Limited Harness Warranty
To be eligible for above limited warranty coverage, the electrical harness system must have been installed properly and connections disconnected during maintenance applications have been resealed using corrosive inhibiting grease. Product modifications, cut wires or parts replaced by non-standard parts, will void the limited warranty.
The warranty is valid when the following conditions exist:
• The part is a genuine Phillips OEM installed part
• The part has been properly maintained
• The part is inside the warranty time limits
• The part is functionally defective
• Excessive wear and tear has not occurred
• Abuse such as “Pull-away”, jacketing rips or tears have not occurred
Not a Phillips Part:
Items received by Phillips Industries as warranty claims that are not Phillips parts will be denied and parts scrapped.
1. Products with tractor pull away type damage, socket and/or nose box breakage are not warranted. Cable length should be checked with truck in far right turn condition to ensure cables are not overextended beyond their working length. Phillips does not warrant any tractor to trailer cable assembly with less than 180 inches (15’) of working length.
2. Product damaged by blunt force.
3. Jacket damage in the form of abrasion, tears or rips.
Part installation error at factory or service center caused premature product failure. i.e., cable jacket rubbing against frame, non-metallic part installed over uneven surface causing stress fracture or breakage or installation screws piercing harness.
Corrosion beyond the scope of product specification:
Unless otherwise stated, Phillips will not accept corrosion as a warranty claim. (Preventative maintenance will prevent many part failures. Many states are using Magnesium Chloride or Calcium Chloride as de-icers, which cause severe corrosive action to electrical systems.)
Note: If a damaged or defective part is returned to Phillips for analysis it will be destroyed following the analysis unless specific instructions are included with the product requesting its return.
• Use 15 foot cables. 12 foot cables should be used for trailer to trailer connections, not tractor to trailer. Most find 12 foot cables are too short for most tight turn applications.
• Filter screens should be used on gladhands. Doing so, keeps road junk, insects and foreign materials out of the air system.
• Use Tracker Bar or Pogo Sticks to prevent chaffing or damage to trailer cable. If using 2 electrical cords such as an ISO cable, 2 Tracker Bar springs should be used.
• Any electrical connection that is opened should be re-greased before it is reconnected.
In no event shall Phillips be liable for any incidental, indirect, consequential or like damages, including specifically, but without limitation, lost profits, savings or revenues of any kind, whether or not Phillips has been advised of the possibility of any such damages or the like, including any case in which a product of Phillips purchased hereunder creates or contributes to a vehicle or other product repair campaign or recall due to a vehicle or other product defect or non-compliance with the United States National Motor Vehicle Traffic Safety Act or other similar federal or state laws.
The warranties provided here are in lieu of all other warranties, express or implied. There are no warranties which extend beyond those here stated, all of which Phillips expressly disclaims, including the implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose and/or the warranty of merchantability.