Micro-V™ V-Ribbed Belt (K040378) by Gates®. Length: 38.5". Gates is the largest global manufacturer of OE timing belts. This means Gates is able to cover the Aftermarket with timing belts that are OE-equivalent, or better, in service life and performance. Timing belts are manufactured using the same high grade materials and processes as the OE to ens are superior heat and contamination aresistance. Import or domestic, Gates timing belts provide the most extensive coverage in the industry.
|OE Comparison Rating: OE Performance
|Outside Circumference: 38.5"
|Outside Circumference: 978 mm
|Rib Quantity: 4
|Top Width: 0.56"
|Top Width: 14 mm
- Special belt construction eliminates belt noise, reduces tension loss, and solves problem drive applications
- Utilizes advanced materials like Aramid Fiber found in bullet-proof vests and crack and heat-resistant EPDM materials
- Meets or exceeds all specifications from the Original Equipment Manufacturer
- Flexible construction allows the belt to withstand billions of topside and backside bends in ABDS applications, resulting in long belt life
- Designed for small diameter pulleys, backside idlers, and for use with (or without) automatic tensioners
- Unique form grinding of each individual belt assures precise dimensional control
- Gates recommends replacing serpentine belts at 90,000 to prevent vehicle breakdowns, or as advised by the vehicle manufacturer
- Meets or exceeds SAE J1459, SAE J2432, and SAE J1596 specifications
When you need to repair your engine you can battle the traffic and stand in line at the auto parts chain store, only to be told that what you need is out of stock and has to be ordered. And if they have the parts can you be assured of the quality? Do you recognize the name on the box? And how do you know if you’re getting the best price?
You won’t have those concerns with their replacement engine parts. They carry only top name products from well-known OE and aftermarket suppliers. In fact, many of their manufacturers are suppliers to the vehicle manufacturers, so the parts you get from us may be the same as the ones that came on your car or truck. They carry everything from gaskets and seals to repair oil leaks, to engine control system sensors to make that dash light go out, to parts like camshafts and timing chains for major repairs. And unlike many other on-line vendors, they don’t just have the big items and let you scramble for the details. They carry everything needed to complete the job, including gasket sealer and motor oil.
And the best part is you can have these top quality parts, at the best prices, with just a few clicks of the mouse or a call to one of their knowledgeable sales associates. No traffic, no standing in line, order from the comfort of your home or office. With their engine parts you can schedule the repair when it’s convenient for you.
Gates® is the world’s leading manufacturer of power transmission belts and a premier global manufacturer of fluid power products. Brand's highly engineered products are critical components used in diverse industrial and automotive applications where the cost of failure is very high relative to the cost of their products. Gates provides a differentiated value proposition to every customer by offering a complete portfolio of premium product and service solutions for both replacement and first-fit applications across brand's targeted end markets, which encompass process and specialty, construction, agriculture, energy, transportation, and automotive.